The campaign has been designed to increase positive perceptions of, and pride in, working for the NHS. It will focus on the emotional drivers of ‘caring for people’ and ‘team working’ that research has identified as being key motivators to encourage potential recruits to consider a career in the NHS.
The campaign - We are the NHS - will encourage potential recruits (and the people who influence them) to actively engage on an emotional level with the NHS, to motivate them to join the service.
It will run across TV, radio, out of home posters, digital and social media. Potential recruits will be directed to the Health Careers website that provides information on the different roles within the NHS and how to access them, including training requirements and funding. #wearethenhs is the hashtag for the campaign.
Timings for the campaign are as follows:
- Campaign launch by the CNO Jane Cummings at a London regional NHS70 anniversary celebration.
- PR campaign begins.
- First TV advertisement broadcast.
- Creative on the Health Careers website.
- Social media activity begins
- Out of home posters will be displayed from w/c 30th July.